Friday, November 21, 2008

Potty Training (Updates)

I will say I’m one lazy mummy (very guilty) and Naomi’s progress has been inconsistent for the past few months. But, she shows a lot of improvements for the past 2 weeks. Now, I really save a lot of money on disposable diapers. Before I started potty training, Naomi will use about 4-5 disposable diapers per day. After that, the numbers went down to 3 pieces and sometimes 2 pieces only.
Last week, she used 1 piece of diaper only (during night time only) and this is a major accomplishment for Naomi. She is able to “shee shee”(urinate) in the potty with no problem at all but she still can’t do her “big business” in the potty yet. Normally she will do it in her pants then only say “Oh-oh” “poot-poot”.
During weekdays, when I pick Naomi up from babysitter’s she’s all dress up in her pajamas. Normally, before her bedtime she will “shee shee” in the potty. The next morning when she wakes up from her sleep, I will ask her to “shee shee” in the potty again. I will make sure this is the standard routine she needs to follow daily.
For weekends, after she passed urines, I will change her into her training pants (diaper free) until her bath at around 10plus. After her bath, she will still not be wearing any diapers as well and only the training pants. I still will ask her every hour to make sure no accidents happen during day time.
After her lunch and milk, she will “shee shee” and then it’s time for her afternoon nap. Previously, I will let her wear the disposable diaper and then I realize that now her disposable diaper stays dry when she wakes up after her 2- hours nap. So, now I gave her the cloth diaper instead (for just in case). I want to make sure and be confident enough to let her be diaper-free during nap as well. I will try this for at least 2-3weeks and see how it goes. I heard night time is the most difficult to train. She still wakes up with heavy diaper so I will take my time to train this. She still hasn’t graduate from potty training but its okay and force her as well until she’s 100% ready.

0 comments: