Monday, September 8, 2008

Terrible 2 - on the way….?

Less than 6 months Naomi is going to be 2 years old and some days her attitude is too much for all of us. She’s normally an angel but sometimes she will be like “a little monster!” I think I need to prepare myself for the terrible 2! I don’t believe they exist but I think they do!
If we don’t give her whatever she wants….she will start with
“Waaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh” (it’s definitely crocodile tears,ok… more like screaming and wailing loudly) and her voice is very loud and high pitch sometimes I can’t stand the sound of it. I try not to give in as much as possible cause sometimes her requests seems ridiculous. She likes to draw a lot and would like to use a pen instead of her crayon and magic ink. I don’t want her to use the pen cause of safety reasons but she cannot understand. She likes to play with many sharp objects which I always will put somewhere she’s out of reach. She will cry and wail like there’s no tomorrow. Sometimes we will distract her with other things but she will always remember back and then continue crying again. I have tried so many ways to discipline her. I’ve tried scolding her, talk to her nicely and explain to her but all didn’t seems to work. I’ve yet to try “caning” her. My friend asked me to buy several “rotan” and keep just in case….but I didn’t try this method yet.
Nowadays she likes to bring all her soft toys(big ones until there's no place for me to lie down) and put on our bed and play and normally I won’t let her do that as she even want to ride her “pony” on our bed. Then yesterday I decided to give in and let her play for a while. Then she turned to me and said “mu-mmy, Good!” (pointing at me) I was shocked cause she’s saying I’m good cause I let her play on the bed ma as normally I will scold her and say NO to her. How can I stay mad at her for long?
I did some research from the internet and it says that some terrible 2 can start as early as 18months….but I hope it will end early for her…..sigh
Now everything to her is “NO!”. Whenever I ask her do you want milk? Her answer is No (even though it’s time for milk time). I ask her do want to shee-shee (pee or go toilet). Answer is also No! Ask her anything her answer is No! Even I ask her want to go kai-kai(shopping mall)? Her answer is also No! Helllppp!!!

0 comments: