Monday, August 25, 2008

Same = Shame ??!

Naomi is confused with these 2 words but she's not aware of them. I caught her few times making these mistakes but not sure how to correct her or explain to her.
First incident:
1) There's a picture of a frog inside her book and she said 'frog' and i have a tupperware which has a 'frog' cartoon on it and she pointed that tupperware and said 'frog' same, same (but while saying the word 'same', 'same' she's doing the action of 'shame', 'shame' (using her index finger and caressing her cheek). Then I told her same means similar, shame means 'liu','liu' (tak malu) but she didn't get me. I totally forgot about it until yesterday and it happen again.
Yesterday:
2) She saw a 'balloon' picture in her book and there's another picture on the box itself and she told me 'same','same' (and doing the 'shame', 'shame' action at the same time). This time I told her SAME is not the SAME as SHAME. I think this sentence will make her more confused! hahaha...i think i will let her discover this when she grows older while i try to think of a way to explain to her the diff.
wish me luck!

0 comments: